PQQ happens to be quite a useful nootropic supplement. It is capable of energy production on a cellular level. In comparison to mainstream stimulants (such as amphetamines and caffeine, which boost activity on a CNS level), Pyrroloquinoline Quinone delivers results over the long-term by way of mitochondria rejuvenation.
As such, it is a worthwhile supplement to take – particularly for people who want to stop their addictions to mainstream supplements. Below is a short list of PQQ supplements you can find on Amazon and other online marketplaces.
The Best PQQ Supplements of 2021
We have both tested and reviewed these brands and they are the best on the market, both in terms of health benefits and cost value.
1. Jarrow Formulas PQQ , Supports Heart and Cognitive Function, 20 Mg, 60 Caps
Developed to stimulate new mitochondria production (biogenesis), Jarrow Formulas offers a package of 30 PQQ soft gels that are fortified with ubiquinol (Co-Q10). Their purpose is to enhance the health benefits that come with PQQ. The product optimizes cognitive and heart health.
Jarrow Formula’s soft gels contain 20 mg of PQQ. The recommended brain health range for PQQ is between 10 mg and 20 mg.
Other ingredients this supplement contains include mixed tocopherols, ascorbyl palmitate, sunflower lecithin, rosemary extract, and medium-chain triglycerides. Jarrow Formula’s product doesn’t contain shellfish, peanuts, wheat, gluten, or soybeans.
- Stimulates new mitochondria production.
- Contains ubiquinol to maximize effectiveness.
- Benefits heart health.
- Unpleasant aftertaste or odors aren’t involved.
- Each soft gel is potent at 20 mg PQQ.
- The capsules contain gelatin, which is not vegan-friendly.
- Pills are somewhat large in size for some.
2. Pure Encapsulations – SR-CoQ10 with PQQ – Hypoallergenic Supplement to Support Mitochondrial and Cardiovascular Health
Pure Encapsulation’s product is intended to support antioxidant effects and mitochondrial health on a cellular level. It gives your endurance and energy a boost, and provides you with the support needed to keep your nervous network healthy. It also promotes longevity by protecting your cells.
Pure Encapsulation’s PQQ uses MicroActive-patented technology, which is necessary for a sustained release. The benefits of the product will be felt all day long, and certainly past the five-hour window that PQQ is known to last for.
One thing that we weren’t fond of were the ingredients it contained, like cellulose and potato starch. While they aren’t intended to be active ingredients, they seem like unnecessary additions for a product marketed as being “pure.”
- Outstanding customer support.
- Terrific branding and packaging.
- Keeps you energetic all day long.
- Produced with standards of high quality.
- It isn’t cheap.
3. Doctor’s Best High Absorption CoQ10 Plus PQQ, Gluten Free, Naturally Fermented, Vegan, Heart Health & Energy Production, 60 Veggie Caps
As far as nootropic supplements go, Doctor Best happens to be a very trusted supplier and manufacturer. Their products do not contain gluten or additives, and they are vegan-friendly. Also, because the PQQ and BioPQQ are independently tested, the bottle will only contain contents that are pure.
Strangely, this product comes in a very large bottle, despite the capsules being able to fit inside the bottle’s cap. The pills themselves are of high quality. They are simple to swallow and are small.
From our perspective, this nootropic supplement, which is highly bioavailable, has the potential to enhance the nervous system’s well-being. Keeping its ingredients in mind, the product will be great for elderly people, as well as anybody looking to slow cognitive decline down.
- Independently tested.
- Supports biogenesis and mitochondrial function.
- Ingredients are bioavailable and of high quality.
• A bottle much smaller should have been used as a reflection of the amount of pills you actually get.
4. Bulletproof Unfair Advantage with Brain Octane MCT Oil, CoQ10, PQQ for Quick Brain Enhancing Energy
A lot of awesome products are made by Bulletproof. Their brand is trustworthy, and the product they make are often in high demand. But is that a reflection of the company’s Pyrroloquinoline Quinone? The PQQ contained in the Unfair Advantage has attracted mixed reviews so far.
The company should be commended for their innovative packaging, along with the presentation skills of their product. Well done. After looking much closer at the product’s ingredients (10 mg of PQQ, 20 mg of CoQ10, 30 mg of brain octane oil), it is clear that the supplement is intended to support the productivity needs of the brain.
Conversely, ampules contain an odd, plastic-like aftertaste. Also, you can expect to pay $1.90/ampule, making it a costly PQQ product.
The company has developed a product that looks good, is of high quality, and is simple to use. Nonetheless, it is our belief that the product needs a little more work.
- Contains bioavailable, high-quality ingredients. Gives you energy from the cellular level.
- Creative ampule use, as opposed to capsules.
- Fantastic packaging.
- Odd, plastic-like aftertaste is apparent.
- A little pricey
5. Health Thru Nutrition PQQ 40mg 30 Vegecaps (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone PQQ)
Those with schedules that involve critical thinking will find this worthwhile. Health Thru Nutrition has taken steps to make sure that you receive nothing short of high-quality PQQ. Their products don’t contain patented blends that competing products do. They do contain a PQQ formulation of 20 mg.
Further, magnesium stearate is found in the product – an ingredient that is capable of boosting absorption. These pills are vegan-friendly, to boot. Be mindful that the effects are not always immediate or subtle. This can be attributed to the PQQ’s energy-enhancing effects on a cellular level, as opposed to a CNS one.
- Made in America.
- 20 mg is significantly potent.
- Simple-to-swallow pills that are small.
- Priced reasonably.
- Individuals who have sensitive stomachs might sustain stomach cramps.
6. NOW Supplements, PQQ 40 mg with 200 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid, Extra Strength
This company, which is family-owned, has been selling and producing natural supplements for over five decades now. Suffice it to say, their experience is quite extensive. They run in-house laboratories to make sure that all products remain nothing short of top-notch.
Besides being BioPQQ-rich, the product is fortified with Co-Q10 and L-carnitine HCL, perhaps making it this list’s strongest products. If the only thing you’re interested in is taking PQQ, though, then you would be better off looking at other products.
- Made in America.
- Tested in-house for quality.
- A reasonably priced product.
- Contains Acetyl L-Carnitine and Co-Q10 for improved effectiveness.
- Terrific energy booster.
- Contains additional active ingredients (Co-Q10, Acetyl-L Carnitine, Vit B-12).
7. Nutricost Pyrroloquinoline Quinone PQQ 20mg, 60 Capsules – Veggie Capsules, Non-GMO, Gluten Free
20 mg worth of pure PQQ is what you’ll find with this product. It doesn’t contain active ingredients of any kind. The American-made product is independently tested and comes GMP-certified. Its PQQ bioavailability isn’t too strong, so you might want to pair it with ubiquinol or Co-Q10 for more power.
Nutricost has actually done quite well developing a product that is affordable and healthy. The ingredients are basic and straightforward, too!
- Supports mitochondrial regeneration.
- Independently tested.
- Product pricing is great.
- Contains 20 mg worth of PQQ, which is highly potent.
- Does not contain any magnesium stearate, a beneficial ingredient for bioavailability enhancement.
8. Life Extension PQQ Caps (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone) 20 mg
This product is intended to amplify the body’s cellular energy generators. By doing so, it also promotes healthy aging. This product is vegan-friendly.
The mitochondrial function is naturally reduced over time, negatively impacting your health. However, by taking 10 mg worth of the product each day, you can stimulate mitochondria renewal while awakening youthful energy.
Unfortunately, the product contains a mere 10 mg worth of Pyrroloquinoline Quinone, an amount that is far less than other products offer. It does not contain magnesium stearate or Bioperine, both of which are necessary for improved bioavailability.
- Manufactured by an established brand.
- Vetted to ensure purity.
- Dosage is safe for anyone who has a sensitive stomach.
- No aftertaste or odor is experienced.
- A serving of 10 mg seems like an under-dose, especially for nootropics users that are more advanced.
9. PQQ with CoQ10 –Quality of Life Enhanced VitaPQQ – Anti Aging, Memory, Energy and Focus, Cognitive and Heart Health
Another American-made PQQ supplementation produced in a facility that is GMP-certified. This product is decent, but the pills happen to be rather large, making them hard to swallow. Thankfully, it doesn’t come with any undesirable odors or aftertaste.
You may be waiting three days or so before you start feeling its effects. Once this premium health care supplement kicks in, it will provide you with a consistent energy supply. That is because the product contains BioPQQ. In fact, it has the highest possible PQQ bioavailability you can get.
- Mitochondrial biogenesis is supported.
- No odor or aftertaste detected.
- High potency.
- BioPQQ has been clinically tested. Its effectiveness has been established.
- A costly product, as each capsule costs about $1.25.
- The pills aren’t easy to swallow because of their large size.
10. Bronson PQQ Vitality 20mg Pyroloquinoline Quinone -Promotes Mitochondrial Biogenesis
Anyone who pushes themselves hard to accomplish different goals will appreciate what Bronson has put together. The manufacturer claims that the product comes with some impressive benefits. The bottle contains 30 capsules, each of which have 20 mg of PQQ.
Pyrroloquinoline Quinone stimulates new mitochondria production, which are organelles inside your cells, and are essential for energy production. Taking PQQ is intended to boost energy reserves while improving your capacity to keep fatigue at bay.
Bronson’s PQQ capsules are much smaller than Jarrow Formulas are. The product is vegan-friendly, and the capsules are made with cellulose.
- Each capsule is vegan-friendly.
- Lowest priced of its kind.
- Capsules aren’t hard to swallow and are reasonably sized.
- The packaging looks somewhat cheap.
Summary – Closing
The most optimal approach to getting as much Pyrroloquinoline Quinone as possible is to take a product that is highly bioavailable (though it should also be safe and effective for you). Hopefully, one of the ten products mentioned above can help you decide which one to choose. Whatever decision you make, we hope it gives you the best bang for your buck.
Why is PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone) Necessary?
When people get older, their brains begin dealing with numerous damage sources. Although some register minimal effects (if any) on the brain, some damages can contribute to progressive injuries and neurodegenerative disorders that impact blood vessels. As of late, people have been more conscious about their brain health. Therefore, research and awareness about brain health and functionality has intensified significantly.
Researchers continually conduct studies to evaluate the impact of numerous compounds and chemicals influencing the brain. One compound that continues to interest scientists and researchers worldwide is PQQ. This article went over particulars of the compound, including its side effects, dosage limitations, benefits, and function.
Taking PQQ supplementation capsules have shown in studies to help with mitochondrial dysfunction and are a nerve growth factor. There aren’t any reported side effects to taking the vitamin like supplements. You can shop for PQQ on Amazon or in most healthfood stores.